Sunday, September 23, 2007

The wedding day

The wedding day was a little hectic but that's normal, right? Joe went with all the guys to do some snorneling. My brother Eric, the groom, told me that they forgot the flower girl baskets and the ring bearer pillow so my sister in law, PAtty, and I went to get some. We found a bridal shop and bought a pillow there for $45!! We thought we'd got to Wal-Mart and get baskets. Well silly me didn't think ahead. Of course they had a pillow for $11 but the first one was not returnable! oops! But we did find two cheap baskets. My other brothers gf, Danielle was going to do my mom's hair but ended up doing all the bridesmaid, the bride and the mother of the bride so Patty did my mom's hair and make-up. She also did my hair. We arrived at the hotel at 3:30 and hung out in a beatiful suite with my brother and took some pictures.

It was very cloudy the day of the wedding. Right before the cermony the sun peeked out. My brother did not seem nervous but when my mom and I started to tear up right before he walked me down the aisle he teared up too! I ws really happy when he told me that he was walking me down the aisle.

The ceremony was beautiful. My brother cried when he saw Nicole and a few times during the ceremony he did. The bride's uncle did the service, it was short but very nice.


The reception was outside. It was a gorgeous location and the food was awesome! Best wedding food I have had in a long time!


We had a great time!

The next day Joe and I went for a drive. This picture is looking down on the part of the island where we stayed. It doesn't look like it but we are pretty high up.


That night we went to a luau with my family and some of my brother's friends. It was a great luau and the food was great. The one we went to on our honeymoon was not as good.




6 comments:

Unknown said...

awe monica - just beautiful! I am so glad you went down the isle with your brother - he luvs ya!

Danielle Holsapple said...

You looked gorgeous girl!!!!!!! And how cute your bro cried! Sounds like a wonderful time!

Tara said...

WOW what a beautiful wedding scence!! and girl, you looked smokin!!! Love that dress!! you and Joe are so cute together!!!! just love the pics!!!

MichelleToolan said...

Monica you looked awesome! I am so happy you had a nice time and got pics posted so fast! I am soo longing for a vacation! Sigh.

Tricia said...

Sounds like a very nice union took place!

Tricia said...

Sounds like a very nice union took place!