This morning we checked out of our cabin and headed back to Lava Lake. Daniel woke up real early so on the short drive there he fell asleep. That was fine with me since it was early and cold out. The guys went out in the boat so I parked the truck and played on Joe's laptop for over an hour, enjoying the beautiful view too! Joe fished there for a few hours and headed back in. We decided to start to head towards my aunts' house in Bend. We took a different road and found snow!! It really wasn't all that cold but it's still there! They had more snow this year than years past so I guess that's why it's still there. We stopped and played for a little while.


We got into town and got a quick bit to eat. WHile sitting there I started to remember that my grandma used to live right around the corner. It has been over 10years since she lived at that house but I found it!! It was like she was still there. I have so many memories of both my grandparents from when we used to visit it was neat remembering them as we went to some of the places we went with them. Ok back to what I was saying. We found her old house and drove to my aunt and uncle's. We settled in and my aunt, Daniel and I went shopping! I found a few things. Shoes, a top and some things we needed. The great thing in Oregon is there in NO sales tax! So we headed back to the house for dinner and just relaxed. My parents flew in that night but we were too tired to wait up for them.
Day 5: Thursday
I didn't take any pictures today! :( Bummer! Both of my brother flew in today. My dad first picked up Eric. We then all went to downtown Bend to a candy shop where my cousin Andy works. It's really cool. I wanted my camera so badly but I left it at home. We left there and went back to the airport, not good planning if you ask me, to get my younger brother Jimmy. We all met back at the house and the guys decided to all go kayaking. I stayed behind with my mom, aunt and Daniel. After Daniel's nap we went shopping. We went to the Old Mill District. They have some really good stores. I found a ton of great sales. I got some cute stuff at GAP! Love that store, when I paid she asked if I was using my GAP card and I was, so I got an extra 25% off! I ran back for another pair of shorts! ANd nO sales tax!
Day 6: Friday
Today we drove North to my cousin Chrissie's house. Her and her husband live in a log cabin. It is the most beautiful house ever! I loved it! I could live in a log cabin like that! Their property is very nice and has a great view of the mountains, well except for the little house in the way. Someone moved in and built a 3 story house kind of blocking some of the view, but still a nice view! :) After chatting a little and getting a tour we decided to go fishing of course. We went not to far to Prineville Reservior. It was a little rainy out but cleared up for us. The clouds were awesome.

The girls headed back a little before dinner to get ready. The rest of the family was coming to her place for dinner. The guys came back and we had a BBQ. This is my favorite picture of Daniel from our trip!! Such a boy!

Did you notice he wore his shoes out while we where away?
Chris' husband is a cop and has a K-9 dog named Rocky. He is really a friendly dog. He did a little demonstration using their son Tylor. Tylor put on a sleeve and Brad had the dog attack him! Crazy!

Daniel getting into trouble!! Not sure what is all over his mouth!

A few more days to write about later! Good night!!


No comments:
Post a Comment