Sunday, July 05, 2009

Hey there

Hope you all had a great 4th of July! We did! We celebrated on Friday and Saturday. Friday we had a bbq,our parents, Joe's brother and his family, and my friend Michelle and her daughter all came. We ate and walked to the park for fireworks and a funnel cake!!! We almost missed the darn firworks because the line was so stinking long.
On the 4th we had a neighborhood bike parade early in the morning. This was the second year we had it and sooo many more people turned out! It was fun. We got a little bike trailer to pull Daniel in. He loved it! In the early afternoon we headed to Joe's brother's house. They were also having a neighborhood bike parade, but much larger than ours. There were people from one side of the street to the other with bikes. It was almost hard to ride your bikes. It was fun though. We had a bbq when we got back and fireworks in the evening. It was a long day for sure! We were all super tired today. Daniel napped for 3 1/2 hours. I took an hour nap too. But we did manage to take a bike ride back to the park before dinner. We need to start exercising for my brother's wedding so we are going to ride our bikes everyday. We will see if we do! :)
I was really bad with taking pictures yesterday, it was too hard to carry the camera around and watch Daniel. Here is one with his cute cousin Hanna.

And one that is not very good waiting to go on a bike ride after dinner last night.


Ok one more thing to share. While in Oregon at my cousin's house we had coleslaw, her 17 yr old son actually made it. It was really yummy! It's supposed to be the same as KFC coleslaw and I think it's pretty close. I made it on Friday and Saturday and it was a hit! I doubled the recipe. It can be a little runny, so the second time I made it I used half the amount of milk. A few family members asked for the recipe so I thought I'd just share it here.

Finely chop cabbage.(I used the bag of coleslaw mix and just chopped it a little more) Mix in large bowl the following:
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup mayo
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 tbsp. vinegar
2 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp minced onion

Mix all ingredients thoroughly, add coleslaw, mix and refrigerate

Enjoy!

No comments: