Sunday, August 23, 2009

What happened to summer?

Gosh it seems like school just ended and I was packing up my classroom. I am still unemployed so it seems weird to not be setting up my room. For the last 8 years I have had a classroom and now nothing! :( It's bittersweet for sure! I love the beginning of the year, the first day excitement and meeting all those cute new faces! I am still keeping my fingers crossed that I will be called back but it may be after the school year has begun.

So onto other things...we have been super busy the last few weeks. It seems like just about everyday we had a lunch date or somewhere to go. About a week and a half ago my aunt's arrived from Hungary. It's there first visit to the US. They are enjoying every minute! We haven't had a lot of time to see them though. My parents took them to the Grand Canyon and Las Vegas last week. This week they are staying with my other aunt so hopefully next week we can finally do something with them.
This was taken the night they arrived. From left, my aunt Elizabeth, my mom, Daniel and I, Teri, and Vera.


I have also been busy making invitations for my future sister in law's bridal shower. they are finally ready to be mailed out this week! I will share them after I send them out. Don't want her to see them yet!

I do have some favorites from the baby album I made in July for my cousin Veronica. Her baby was born on the night I finished the album! Perfect timing!! I made an 8x8 album and I think I made somewhere around 20 pages. I wanted to keep the pages next to each other the same paper but I love to make it colorful, fun and different for each month. SO only one set turned out the same.










This is a quick card I made for my friend Holly. While visiting from Kansas we met up for lunch one day and she surprised me with a large gift bag of scrapbook paper and embellishments! I used the flower paper that she gave me for this card! this is a lift from a Danielle Flanders card I saw a long time ago.


happy Monday!

1 comment:

AbbieTorroll said...

aww those pages are CUTE!! I am sure she will LOVE and appreciate them very much!!! hope you, hubby, and sweet Daniel are doing well!!