Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year!!!

Wow can you believe it's 2010!!! I can't! It doesn't seem possible that another year has gone by. We had a low key New Year's Eve. We decided to go to the movies and leave Daniel with my parents. We went to BJ's for dinner and used a gift card. Then we headed to the movies and saw It's Complicated with some movie tickets my mom put in my stocking! :) So it was a cheap date night! We made it home by about 9 and I took down the tree ornaments while waiting for the ball to drop.

I have a few things to share. I made some ornaments for Christmas and attached them to our familys' gifts. They all loved them. Here is the first one I made for myself. I used some old CD's my dad was throwing away, I dug them out of his trash!

I really like how it stood out on the tree!

I recently submitted this lo for a use your Scrap our stash blog, http://scrapourstash.blogspot.com/ and it was choosen!! I will be a guest designer for February there. I love using scraps and things in my stash so it's perfect for me!! I was so surprised, this is my first time winning this sort of thing! lol

This lo was created for an album that I made my brother and his new wife as a wedding gift. I included pictures from when they were dating and made sure to include one from each Christmas since they have been together. I used a lot of my old stash on this page. The the red and white patterned paper and trees were made from pieces of Christmas paper I had left over from a page I made 2 Christmas' ago. The green paper and the brown trunks are also made from small scraps. The ribbon was something I saved off of a gift bag someone gave me. And the letter stickers are from a pack I got when I first started scrapping about 5 years ago! The brads and sticker are also from my stash! I really don't think it turned out too bad considering I used a lot of old stuff up!

Once again Happy New Year! I hope you all have a wonderful 2010!!!

No comments: