Monday, May 19, 2014

Mother's Day gifts

So for Mother's Day I ended up making something for my mom, mother in law and grandma in law. :)  I bought something on GrooDealz.  I have purchased many times from this site.  When my package arrived though I realized it was a kit and I had to make it! OOps! Guess I didn't read it carefully.  It honestly was very simple, probably only took about an hour or so to make all three.  It is something that you can make on your own as well.

I forgot to measure but it's about 5x10??
Next pick out your scrapbook paper and cut to fit. 
Glue on with ModPodge.

Once I glued it on and let it dry I sanded the edges off a little.

Next I used my ink to distress the edges a little.


Next I added a think layer of the ModPodge on the top of the paper to give it a glossy look. Once it completely dried I added the vinyl sticker that was included.

 
Next I hot glued on the clothes pins that came with the kit and used my ink on them a little too.


Last but not least I added the pictures to each one!



I printed all the pictures at Sam's Club in 4x4 size. They were too big though and I trimmed them as much as I could. The one for my mom was a little harder to get the pictures all to fit so I only could use 4 pictures.

They all loved this gift! My mom and mother in law both cried when they opened it.

The site where you can find this product and others like it is, www.thoughtsinvinyl.com



 
 

No comments: